I love the flavors of fall: apples, clementines, pears, pumpkins, and fall squashes. Acorn Squash is my husband’s favorite and he absolutely loves this dish. Cranberry Walnut Acorn Squash Bowls make a delicious side dish or a tasty and hearty main meal.
Cranberry Walnut Acorn Squash Bowls
1. You’ll need a sharp chef’s knife to cut through these little buggers. I cut the stem off first and then cut the squash in half lengthwise. Be very careful.
2. Scoop out the seeds of the squash. In the cavity of each half, place:
- 2-3 teaspoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1-2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons dried cranberries
- 2 Tablespoons chopped walnuts
3. Place in a casserole dish. Add 1/2 C water to the bottom of the casserole dish. Cover with foil and bake for one hour at 350 degrees.
After baking, mix together the flesh and the ingredients within the acorn “bowl” and enjoy.
Those look delicious and sound like a perfect Fall dish. I am new follower from the Mommy Club. Vicky from http://www.messforless.net
Thanks. I have one on the counter staring at me. It also came in a csa box. Now I have a plan!
How can I add this recipe to Pinterest? I don’t see a “pin it” button but I would love to save!
Family Balance Sheet says
I just added the pinterest button! I’m not sure why it was missing. Thanks for the alert.
These look and sound amazing! I have an acorn squash that’s been sitting on my counter since the last farmer’s market just waiting for me to get inspired. Thanks for the inspiration. Pinning!
Tiffiny recently posted…Our Visit to the Breakers Mansion in Pictures
This is our favorite way to eat acorn squash. Thanks for stopping by, Tiffiny.