What are your plans for Thanksgiving? Are you hosting 25 people or are you taking a pie to your in-laws? Whatever your plans are, I hope these 30 links give you some tasty inspiration and ideas.
Let’s talk Turkey!
In 2010, I ran a series called Turkey Week. Here is the recap:
- How Much Turkey Will I Need?
- How To Thaw A Turkey
- Roasted Turkey with Fresh Herbs and Lemon
- To Stuff or Not To Stuff
- How To Make Turkey Gravy
- How To Make Turkey Stock
- Turkey Chili Potpie Leftover Idea
- Turkey, Kale & Orzo Soup Leftover Idea
- Baked Turkey, Macaroni & Cheese Leftover Idea
Super Side Dishes
- Caramelized Butternut Squash at Cutting Back Kitchen
- Cheesy Broccoli Casserole at An Intentional Homemaker
- Chopped Spinach Salad at $pend Less 2 $ave More
- Cone Cranberry Salad at Sami Cone
- Crockpot Creamed Corn at Blue Jeans and Cotton Tees
- Mashed Potatoes and Cauliflower at Under the Big Oak Tree
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts at Modern Gal
- Smashed Potato Gratin at A Kat’s Life
- Sweet and Savory Smashed Sweet Potatoes at Kitchen Concoction
- Sweet Potato Casserole at Feathers in Our Nest
- Wild Rice Stuffing at Finding Joy in My Kitchen
- Zesty Cranberry Sauce at Cook with Sara
- Honey Whole Wheat Rolls at Eternity in My Heart
- Golden Pull-Apart Rolls at Life Love Librarianship
- PW Dinner Rolls – No Kneading Required at Pioneer Woman
Every Thanksgiving morning, I run in a Turkey Trot 5k sponsored by the local YMCA. While I love to run, the only reason I run a 5k on Thanksgiving morning is so I can eat 3 pieces of dessert later in the day without an ounce of guilt.
- Glazed Apple Cake at Wives with Knives
- How to Roll a Pumpkin Roll at Bungalow
- Old Fashioned Pumpkin Pie at Simply Recipes
- Pumpkin Pie Cake at Secrets of a Southern Kitchen
- Pumpkin Spice Cupcake at Andy & Brittney
And finally, are you on a budget this holiday? The Save Quarter will show you How to make a complete, traditional Thanksgiving dinner for 8 for under $30, in under 3 hours!
Do you have a Thanksgiving recipe that you’d like to share? Leave the link in the comments.
This post is linked to Frugal Friday at Life as MOM and Tasty Tuesday at Balancing Beauty and Bedlam.
Thanks for reading. If you would like to receive FREE updates of FBS, there are four ways to do so:
- have updates sent to your email,
- through your RSS Feed
- become a fan and ‘like’ FBS on Facebook
- become a Twitter follower