Here is another delicious soup to add to your Pinterest board:
Italian Sausage, White Bean, and Kale (or Spinach) Soup
I updated this post and added an optional ingredient: Pesto. It added some flavor to the soup and my family gobbled it up! This hearty soup is super easy to pull together and is included in my 7 Aldi Dinner Ideas post that’s coming soon!
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 pound Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- ¾ cup shredded carrot
- 3-4 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 1 ½ tsp Italian seasoning
- 2 (16 oz) cans of white beans
- 1 bunch of kale, chopped fine OR 4 - 8 oz baby spinach, depending on your taste, chopped
- ½ tsp pepper
- Optional: 1-2 tablespoons jarred or homemade Pesto
- In a large soup pot, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add the sausage, onion, carrot, and garlic. Break up the sausage into small pieces and cook all the way through.
- Add the chicken stock and seasoning and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer, stir in the beans, kale, pepper. Simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in Pesto the last few minutes of simmer.
- IF using spinach, stir it in AFTER the 30 minutes simmer. Spinach is more tender than kale, so it doesn't need to cook as long as kale.