There’s no law that your tacos have to be ground meat and grilled fish makes a great taco filling!
Grilled Fish Tacos
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- juice and zest from 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb mild fish, such as tilapia
- 4-6 tortillas or taco shells
- your favorite taco toppings, such avocado, chopped tomatoes, shredded cabbage or lettuce, chopped onions, and shredded cheese.
1. Place the tilapia in a baking dish. Mix together the first 4 ingredients and pour over the fish. Marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
2. Pre-heat grill to high.
3. Place fish on grill and cover. Grill the fish for 2-3 minutes. Flip and grill for another 2-3 minutes or until the fish is cooked through. (I found the light fish hard to flip without breaking apart. Covering the grill plates with a piece of foil before turning on the grill would prevent this. I will do this next time.)
4. Stuff your taco shell or tortilla with the fish and your favorite taco fixins’.
Print recipe for Grilled Fish Tacos.