Here’s a super easy Turkey Noodle soup recipe to use your leftover turkey from Thanksgiving. Serve with homemade artisan bread and a salad.
Turkey Noodle Soup
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 2 medium celery stalks, chopped. I include the tops because they hold so much flavor.
- bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasonings or your favorite seasoning – You can be creative here.
- 2 quarts of homemade turkey stock – You can use store-bought too.
- 6-8 oz egg noodles – I used about half of the bag.
- 2 cups shredded or diced cooked turkey
- salt and pepper
1. Over a medium heat, add 2 tablespoons of olive oil to a soup pot. Add onion, celery, carrots, and garlic. Stir until the vegetables are softened, about 5 minutes.
2. Add the turkey stock, bay leaf, and Italian seasonings. Bring to a boil.
3. Add the noodles and simmer about 5 minutes.
4. Add the turkey and simmer for a few more minutes.
5. Add salt and pepper to your taste. Discard bay leaf before eating.
Print recipe for Turkey Noodle Soup.