If you need a dessert to WOW your family and friends, then this Chocolate Cheesecake with Blueberry Topping is your answer. It is decadent and delicious and the blueberry topping is a must. Although, raspberries or strawberries would make great substitutes.
I found this recipe in a magazine ad for Kraft Philadelphia cream cheese. This cheesecake tastes like something you’d eat in a fine restaurant, but you can easily whip it up in your own kitchen.
Chocolate Cheesecake with Blueberry Topping
Adapted from Kraft
- 18 Oreo cookies
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 (8oz) blocks of cream cheese – I used Kraft Philly brand
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 8 oz semi-sweet chocolate, melted. Place in microwave safe bowl and microwave in 30 second increments. Stir in between until it is completely melted. Allow to cool slightly.
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 teaspoon sugar
1. Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Place the Oreos in a food processor and crush the cookies. Drizzle the melted butter into the food processor while it is running. Press the crushed cookies on the bottom of a 9 inch spring form pan to form a crust. Bake for 10 minutes.
3. In a mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar, flour, and vanilla until well blended. Stir in the melted chocolate.
4. Add the eggs, one at a time. Mix well between each egg.
5. When the batter is well blended, pour onto the baked cookie crust. Bake for 55 – 60 minutes or until the center is set.
6. Run a knife around the rim of pan right after removing from the oven, but don’t remove the rim until cake is completely cooled. Refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
My cheesecakes always crack as they cool. I googled for a solution and one site suggested that running a knife around the rim would prevent the cracking. It didn’t. My cheesecake still cracked, but the taste was still decadent and delicious!
To make blueberry topping: Place the frozen blueberries in a bowl and stir in 1 teaspoon of sugar. Allow to thaw in the refrigerator. The sugar will thicken the blueberries as they thaw. Serve on top of cheesecake.
Print recipe for Chocolate Cheesecake with Blueberry Topping.