One Pot Roasted Chicken & Vegetable Dinner is comfort food at its best…and only having to clean one pot at the end of dinner is a plus!
One Pot Chicken & Vegetable Dinner
- 2-3 pounds potatoes, cut into chunks (I love Yukon Gold.)
- 3 large carrots, cut into bite sized pieces or 1 bag of baby carrots
- 3-4 lbs. chicken parts – I used a pack that included 2 split breasts, 2 wings and 4 legs
- salt, pepper, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Place carrots and potatoes on the bottom of a dutch oven or pan that can go from oven to stove top. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
3. Place chicken parts on top of vegetables. Rub the chicken with butter. Sprinkle salt, pepper, paprika, onion powder, and garlic powder on top of chicken.
4. Bake 1 ½ hours or until chicken and vegetables are cooked through.
A commenter noted that her vegetables weren’t cooked through when the chicken was done. If your chicken is cooked through and the vegetables need more time, remove the cooked chicken and place on a platter. Cover with foil to keep warm. Place the pan back in the oven and continue to roast the vegetables until cooked completely. Then follow the steps to make the gravy.
To Make Chicken Gravy:
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups homemade chicken stock, or store bought
1. Remove chicken and veggies from dutch oven to rest. Leave the chicken drippings in the pot.
2. Place pot over medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon butter to pan and melt.
3. Add 2 tablespoons flour, stirring continuously.
4. Add 2 cups chicken stock, continue stirring and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes. Stirring occasionally.
Print recipe for One Pot Chicken & Vegetable Dinner.