I served this lemony pasta salad last week with Red Pepper & Feta Turkey Burgers and fresh fruit. It was delicious and this pasta salad will definitely become a dish that I take to the many pot luck picnics that we are invited to over the summer.
Pasta Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette
This recipe calls for 8 oz of pasta and pasta usually comes in 16 oz packaging. Be sure to double the vinaigrette ingredients below if using the entire package of pasta, and add more vegetables if desired.
- 8 oz uncooked bow tie pasta
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small to medium cucumber, chopped
- 1 small head of broccoli, chopped
- 1-pint cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 bunch spring onions, chopped
- 1 lemon
- ¼ cup parsley leaves
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
- pinch salt & pepper
1. Cook the pasta according to the box instructions. Drain, rinse with cold water to cool down. Drain well. Place in large bowl
2. Add the pepper, cucumber, broccoli, tomatoes, and onions to the cooled pasta.
3. Zest & juice the lemon and place in a mini food processor along with the parsley, garlic, evoo, salt & pepper. Run the processor until the vinaigrette is smooth.
4. Pour vinaigrette over the pasta salad and mix well. Refrigerate for 2 hours or up to a day ahead.
Print recipe for Pasta Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette.
Pasta Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette goes well with:
- Red Pepper & Feta Turkey Burgers
- Grilled Sausage with Pepper & Onions Hobo Pack
- Apple & Blue Cheese Turkey Burgers
- Grilled Chili Lime Shrimp