Mornings get hectic at my house and breakfast tends to be devoured at a frantic pace. I don’t want any of us to leave for school or work without a hearty breakfast, so I need quick ideas. I love these Egg & Ham Breakfast Muffins for that reason. I make a batch and then store them in a freezer bag. In the morning, I wrap the muffins in a cloth napkin (or paper towel) and microwave for 15-25 seconds or until the are warmed all the way through.
These breakfast muffins are also very versatile. You can substitute the ham for any chopped, cooked meat, like bacon or sausage and the peppers for your favorite vegetable.
Egg & Ham Breakfast Muffins
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup oats
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 6 eggs, beaten
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ⅓ cup finely chopped Canadian bacon or ham
- ½ cup chopped bell pepper, any color.
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, oats, baking powder, salt, and pepper.
- In a small bowl, mix the eggs and the applesauce. Pour the egg mixture into the dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Mix in the cheese, bacon/ham, peppers, and parsley.
- Prepare a muffin pan with non-stick spray. Spoon the batter into the muffin pan. The batter will make around 11 muffins.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until the muffins are golden.
- Remove from oven and cool on a baking rack for a few minutes. Remove from pan.
- You can serve warm right out of the oven or allow muffins to cool and store in the freezer in freezer bags. When ready to eat, wrap in a paper towel and microwave for 15 seconds or until heated through.
[…] Egg & Ham Breakfast Muffins at Family Balance Sheet […]