On January 1st, I declared my word for 2014 to be DECLUTTER. I found myself feeling suffocated by our home, my schedule, my diet, our budget, and my mind, so I’m focusing on decluttering in 2014 and hopefully by the end of the year, I’ll feel much freer and less stressed.
In the first 3 weeks of 2014, I have made some decluttering progress.
- I reorganized my bedroom closet and dresser. I pulled out clothes that I don’t wear and I’ll donate to the thrift store.
- I reorganized years worth of photos that were in boxes. I don’t print too many photos anymore, so many of these photos were pre-2000, before the age of digital. My kids had a fun time looking at the hair styles and clothing choices of their parents through the years.
- I purged a pesty cabinet in my kitchen. It’s one of those cabinets that I throw things in when I don’t know what to do with and most of that stuff is now in the trash. It turns out I didn’t need any of it anyway.
Projects that I’m working on:
- The bathroom linen closet
- The shoe shelf in our garage. My family has a shoe addiction.
- My kitchen cabinets and refrigerator/freezer. I’ll talk more about this in the next Grocery Budget Challenge post.
- Our filing cabinet.
Did you declare a word for 2014? Are you keeping up with it? Let us know in the comments.