This Coconut flavored Baked French Toast is a decadent dish that is perfect for any special occasion…or a lazy weekend morning. Serve with fresh berries and/or maple syrup.
Baked Coconut French Toast
Author: Kristia Ludwick
- 1 (14 oz) GIANT's Limited Time Originals Twisted Coconut Brioche (can use other flavors or regular)
- 1 (13.5 oz) can coconut milk - Shake well before opening
- 1 cup whole milk
- 8 eggs
- ⅓ cup flour
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- ⅓ cup cold butter, cut into small pieces
- ⅓ cup chopped pecans
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- Cut the brioche into 1 inch slices. Arrange the slices in a greased 13 X 9 baking dish.
- In a large bowl, whisk the coconut milk, whole milk, and eggs until smooth. Pour the mixture over the brioche. Cover and place in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours to overnight.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove the dish from the refrigerator and allow to sit for about 30 minutes.
- While waiting, mix the flour, brown sugar, cold butter, pecans, and cinnamon with a pastry blender or clean hands until you get a crumbly mixture.
- Sprinkle the crumb mixture over the french toast.
- Bake the casserole for 45 minutes or until the middle is set.
- Serve with berries or syrup.
Steve Weber says
I would love to try the popcorn shrimp.
I would like to try coconut granola.
I’d love to try the popcorn shrimp.
I’d love to try the Twisted Coconut Brioche…and your recipe for this french toast!
Robin McMahon says
Looks great! I can’t wait to try it out!
Kelly D says
I would like to try the popcorn shrimp.
Kelly Moran says
I cannot wait to try the Toasted Coconut Caramel Ice Cream!
Sharon Rooney says
I love coconut so It’s a toss up between the Toasted Coconut Caramel Ice Cream and the Toasted Creme cookies.
The One In Debt says
that Twisted Coconut Brioche sounds delicious. And for you to make it into a french toast. brilliant. I think I would top it with some homemade berry syrup (frozen berries, OJ, sugar boiled down – takes 5 minutes to make). too bad there is no Giants by me.
Toasted Coconut Creme Cookies!!!ToasteTd Cocnut
tattoo aftercare says
I love coconut so It's a toss up between the Toasted Coconut Caramel Ice Cream and the Toasted Creme cookies..
Neiddy Ruiz says
I would love to try the Toasted Coconut Granola. Thanks for the chance to win!
Ashley Kolpak says
I would like to try the pancake and waffle mix
I would like to try the Gouda Cheese