This Coconut flavored Baked French Toast is a decadent dish that is perfect for any special occasion…or a lazy weekend morning. Serve with fresh berries and/or maple syrup.
- 1 (14 oz) GIANT's Limited Time Originals Twisted Coconut Brioche (can use other flavors or regular)
- 1 (13.5 oz) can coconut milk - Shake well before opening
- 1 cup whole milk
- 8 eggs
- ⅓ cup flour
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- ⅓ cup cold butter, cut into small pieces
- ⅓ cup chopped pecans
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- Cut the brioche into 1 inch slices. Arrange the slices in a greased 13 X 9 baking dish.
- In a large bowl, whisk the coconut milk, whole milk, and eggs until smooth. Pour the mixture over the brioche. Cover and place in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours to overnight.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove the dish from the refrigerator and allow to sit for about 30 minutes.
- While waiting, mix the flour, brown sugar, cold butter, pecans, and cinnamon with a pastry blender or clean hands until you get a crumbly mixture.
- Sprinkle the crumb mixture over the french toast.
- Bake the casserole for 45 minutes or until the middle is set.
- Serve with berries or syrup.