Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes with Turkey & Black Bean Taco Meat: A hearty dish for your next Taco Tuesday. Serve as a side or a main course. Layer on your favorite taco toppings and serve with a garden salad, fresh fruit, and guacamole.
Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes with Turkey & Black Bean Taco Meat
Twice Baked Sweet Potato with Turkey & Black Bean Taco Meat
Author: Kristia Ludwick
- 4 sweet potatoes, washed and dried, poke a few holes with a fork
- 3 cups of Turkey & Black Bean Taco Meat, OR your favorite taco meat
- your favorite shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place sweet potatoes on a cookie sheet and bake for 45 minutes or until completely cooked through.
- Remove from oven and allow the potatoes to cool enough to handle.
- Slice potatoes in half lengthwise. Scoop out the flesh and place it in a large bowl and mash slightly with a potato masher or fork.
- Place the potato skins back onto the cookie sheet or in a baking pan.
- Add the taco meat to the potatoes and mix together.
- Scoop taco potato mixture into skins.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake potatoes for another 20 minutes.
- Top with your favorite taco toppings: salsa, guacamole, sour cream, etc.
More Taco Tuesday ideas:
- Turkey & Black Bean Taco Meat: Cook once, Eat 3 times. Freezer recipe.
- Slow Cooker Chicken, Black Bean, and Corn Tacos
- Grilled Fish Tacos
- Grilled Taco Chicken Kabobs
Leave a Reply