Camping is one of my family’s favorite hobbies. I’ve pulled together 30 creative camping recipes that I plan to add to our next trip’s menu. Choose from burgers and kabobs to hearty breakfast ideas and sweet treats. You’ll find a delicious variety for your next camping trip.
Save time by prepping ingredients, such as cleaning and chopping the vegetables or marinating chicken breasts before your trip. With many of these recipes, you can place ingredients in bags and freeze before your trip. The more you do before you trip, the less you have to do when you don’t have your kitchen’s modern conveniences.
30 Camping Recipes
- Campfire Donuts (uses a cast iron skillet)
- Campfire Cinnamon Roll-Ups
- Campfire Monkey Bread (uses a dutch oven)
- Indian Spiced Potato & Egg Foil Packets (can easily substitute other spices)
- Cinnamon Rolls Cooked in Oranges over a Fire
- Lumberjack Breakfast in a Foil Pack
Lunch & Dinner Ideas
- Grilled Sausages with Peppers & Onions Hobo Pack
- Grilled Taco Chicken Kabobs
- Grilled Chili Lime Shrimp Skewers
- Grilled Pineapple Chicken Kabobs
- Foil Packet Potatoes
- Spicy Ranch Chicken Grilled Foil Packets
- Cajun Style Grilled Foil Packets
- Philly Cheesesteak Tin Foil Dinner
- Camping Mac N’ Cheese – Make ahead recipe.
- Camping Foil Dinners Ideas
- Camping Quesadillas
- Campfire Pizza Nachos
- Grilled Brussels Sprouts (uses skewers) LOVE THIS IDEA!
- Grilled Pineapple Chicken Foil Packets
- BBQ Chicken
- Grilled Corn on the Cob with Grilled Garlic Butter
- Sausage Pierogie Campfire Foil Packets
- What’s a camping recipe list without burgers? Get creative with the ingredients and prep ahead: Red Pepper & Feta Turkey Burgers, Grilled Pineapple & Teriyaki Turkey Burgers, Apple & Blue Cheese Turkey Burgers
Snacks & Sweets
- Mess Free S’mores cereal bars – make the bars before your trip for a mess free S’mores treat
- Campfire Banana Boats
- Ultimate Campfire S’mores dip
- Pineapple Upside Down Cake in a Foil Packet
- Grilled Fruit (How to Grill Peaches, Pineapples, Bananas)
- Homemade Ice Cream in a Bag…be sure to pack gloves!
I’d love to hear about your favorite camping recipes. Please share in the comments.
Pinned, thank you.
Naomi @ Parenting Pod says
nice recipe suggestion for campers
This is very timely as we are planning to have a camping trip. I can’t thank you enough for these great food ideas. You are a life-savior.
Great recipes, I will surely try them when i head to camping again.
Awesome. Thanks. I’ll make sure to try the kabobs on our first camping trips this year!
run 3 says
Pinned, thank you.