Open those windows and freshen up your home with these 20 spring cleaning tasks, Plus find a FREE checklist at the end of the list.
What is it about the springtime that makes us want to clean? I don’t love to clean, but when the days turn sunny, I miraculously become inspired to wash some windows. The sun blazing through them can be quite revealing (and embarrassing) as they show the winter filth.
So let the fresh air in and let’s get to work! These 20 tasks will help freshen up your home after a long closed-up winter.
20 Spring Cleaning Tasks to Freshen Up Your Home
- Clean your drains naturally.
- Clean your washing machine and dryer. Read your user manuals for details.
- Clean your dishwasher.
- Clean the inside of your microwave
- Clean your glass top stove.
- Clean the inside and outside of the refrigerator.
- Organize and purge your pantry and spice cabinet.
- Clean & sanitize the inside of all the garbage cans in the house.
- Wash the windows for pennies.
- Clean ceiling fans and light fixtures.
- Wipe down the walls and baseboards.
- Clean blinds and wash or vacuum window treatments.
- Vacuum under the furniture. Vacuum the furniture.
- Pull out your spring clothes and pack up your fall/winter clothes for storage. Hang your spring clothing outside to freshen or re-wash to remove that ‘been in a closet too long’ smell.
- Organize & purge your bathroom medicine cabinet.
- De-clutter the tough spots in your home:
- utensil drawer
- magazine clutter
- above the refrigerator
- plastic ware
- the foyer closet
- the home office
- mud room/entry area
- Wash all of the bedding: mattress pads, bed skirts, comforters, and blankets. (Our king comforter is too big for my machine, so I have to take it to a laundry mat.) Put the winter bedding in storage.
- Check the batteries in your fire and carbon monoxide alarms.
- Clean vacuum cleaners & filters – read your user manual
- Replace the AC filter.
Print a FREE Spring Clean Your Home Checklist.
Also, did you know Original Blue Dawn isn’t just a dishwashing liquid? Find out 20 different ways to use Original Blue Dawn and it costs much less than the store-bought version.
Is a major spring cleaning on your to-do list? Let us know in the comments.