This dish only has 5 ingredients and they might even be ones that you keep on hand. This is a fast dish and my go-to meal for those hectic, busy evenings. It also happens to be one of my husband's favorite pasta meals.
Spinach and Sausage Pasta
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb sausage, casings removed - any variety, I have used turkey or pork. On this day I used marked down Hatfield Pepper and Onion Sausage.
- 1 cup homemade chicken stock or store bought
- 1 - 6oz bag of fresh baby spinach, washed
- ½ lb uncooked pasta - any small type, we like penne or bowtie for this dish
- Parmesan, optional
1. Cook the pasta according to the box instructions.
2. In a large skillet, heat the olive oil and add the sausage. Brown the sausage, breaking it into small bite-sized pieces until cooked through.
2. Add the broth and scrape the brown bits off bottom of pan while stirring. The brown bits will stir in some flavor. Bring to a boil.
3. Add the spinach and cover to wilt slightly. Reduce heat and cook for about 2 minutes.
4. Remove spinach from heat and mix in with the pasta. When serving, top with Parmesan.
Print this recipe.
If you would like to receive FREE updates of FBS, there are four ways to do so:
- through your RSS Feed
- have updates sent to your email,
- become a fan and 'like' FBS on Facebook
- become a Twitter follower
This post is linked to:
- 5 Dollar Dinner Challenge
- Tasty Tuesday at Balancing Beauty and Bedlam
- Real Food Wednesday at Kelly the Kitchen Kop