Soup and Salad night seems naked with just soup and salad. Bread rounds out (and dresses up) the meal. Many times, I make a loaf of artisan bread, but when we want some variety, I like to serve these muffins. They go well with any hearty soup recipe or just warmed up in the microwave and slathered with butter for a snack.
Broccoli Cornbread Muffins
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup sour cream
- ⅔ cup milk
- ½ cup canola oil – I used olive oil, because I was out of canola. Olive oil works if you don’t mind its strong flavor in baked goods.
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 (10 oz box) frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Combine the cornmeal, flour, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl. Set aside.
3. Mix together the sour cream, milk, oil, and eggs. Add the dry ingredients and mix well to combine. Fold in the broccoli.
4. Coat a 12-muffin pan with cooking spray. Pour the batter into the muffin pan. Bake for 15-20 minutes.
Thanks for reading. If you would like to receive FREE updates of FBS, there are four ways to do so:
- have updates sent to your email,
- through your RSS Feed
- become a fan and ‘like’ FBS on Facebook
- become a Twitter follower