I found this recipe for Chicken & Vegetable Soup in a recent copy of Cooking Light magazine. I made a few changes based on what was in my kitchen. It is a super simple recipe and I used frozen green beans and carrots from our summer garden. On this cold January day, I long for summer!
Chicken & Vegetable Soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- ½ cup shredded carrots
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasonings
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 64 ounces homemade chicken stock or store bought
- 1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes
- ¾ cup uncooked orzo
- 1 cup cut frozen green beans
- 1 cup cooked shredded chicken
- Parmesan – optional
1. Over medium heat, add olive oil to a soup pan. Add the onion, carrots, garlic, and seasonings. Saute for 2-3 minutes or until carrots and onions are softened.
2. Add the broth and tomatoes. Bring to a boil.
3. Add the orzo, green beans and chicken. Cook for 5 minutes.
4. Optional – Sprinkle Parmesan on top of each serving.
Print recipe for Chicken & Vegetable Soup.