I LOVE LOVE LOVE tacos! In fact, it was this recipe for Chicken, Black Bean & Corn tacos that inspired me to make homemade taco seasoning.
This tasty slow cooker recipe has become a dinner mainstay during the busy and hectic work/school week.
Chicken & Black Bean Tacos
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken
- 1 (16 oz) can black beans, drained & rinsed
- ¾ cup frozen corn
- ⅔ cup homemade chicken stock (you can also use store bought) or water
- 3 tablespoons homemade taco seasoning or 1 store bought package
- juice from one lime
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch to thicken (optional)
- hard or soft tacos
- your favorite taco toppings, such as cheese, tomatoes, lettuce, salsa, avocados, and sour cream
1. Place the onions, chicken, beans, and corn in the slow cooker. Mix together the taco seasoning and cornstarch and sprinkle over the chicken. Pour in the stock and lime juice. Cook on low for 6 hours or until chicken is cooked through.
2. After 6 hours, remove the chicken and shred with 2 forks. Place the shredded chicken back in the slow cooker and stir everything together.
3. Serve on hard or soft taco shells and top with your favorite taco toppings.
To prep for the freezer: Place all of the above ingredients in a gallon sized freezer bag and store in freezer. Place in the refrigerator overnight to thaw and stick in the slow cooker in the morning. Follow the slow cooker directions above.
Print recipe for Chicken, Black Bean & Corn Tacos in the Slow Cooker.
What is your favorite: hard & crunchy taco shells or soft tortillas? Let us know in the comments. I love hard shell tacos!