Chicken, Spinach & Orzo comes together quickly and is perfect for busy weeknights. Serve with a salad and homemade applesauce or fresh fruit.
Chicken, Spinach & Orzo Dinner
adapted from Cooking Light
- 1 lb skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut into bite sized pieces
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked orzo
- 1 (15 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 6 oz bag baby spinach
- Parmesan (optional)
1. In a large dutch oven, heat olive oil. Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
2. Add the chicken and brown until cooked through, about 5 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.
3. Add the water to the pan and bring to a boil. Add the orzo and cook for 8 minutes. Drain, but reserve 1/4 cup of the cooking water.
4. Add the 1/4 cup water, tomatoes, and Italian seasoning. Cook for 2 minutes. Add the chicken, orzo, and spinach. Stir well as the spinach wilts.
5. Sprinkle with Parmesan when serving.
Print recipe for Chicken, Spinach & Orzo Dinner.
Thanks for reading. If you would like to receive FREE updates of FBS, there are four ways to do so:
- have updates sent to your email,
- through your RSS Feed
- become a fan and ‘like’ FBS on Facebook
- become a Twitter follower