If you’ve struggled with burning your grilled BBQ chicken, read on, because I’ve figured it out!
The problem: If left too long, sugar burns on a grill and BBQ sauce usually has sugar in it, whether it’s an ingredient or it’s from the ketchup.
How to Grill BBQ Chicken without Burning It!
1. Drizzle chicken thighs and legs with olive oil and sprinkle with a little salt and pepper or your favorite spice.
2. Place the chicken on a hot grill, about 450 degrees. Close the lid. Cook for 10 minutes. Flip and then cook for another 9 minutes. (If you are grilling boneless chicken, you will reduce the grilling time. Follow these grilling instructions.)
3. Brush some BBQ sauce on the chicken. Close the lid and grill for the last minute.
4. Flip the chicken, brush the top side with sauce and close the lid again and grill for 1 minute.
5. Use extra sauce for dipping.
Grilled BBQ chicken that isn’t BURNT!
For as often as I grill, I don’t know why I didn’t think to do this earlier. Oh well! Lesson learned.
Now if you excuse me, I’m off to eat that delicious platter of Peach BBQ chicken!
Selvin Williams says
Thanks for your comment, I usually used am outside grill for my barbecued but ending up burned my chicken