Easy Summer Food doesn’t get any easier than this salad. The fresh vegetables and herbs were either from my garden, the CSA, or a neighbor’s garden and the rest of the ingredients are staples in my kitchen.
Tomato & Cucumber Salad is fresh, delicious & when from your garden–inexpensive!
Tomato & Cucumber Salad
- 2 cups halved grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1 cucumber, chopped, (also, peeled if not organic)
- ¼ – ½ red onion, cut into thin slices
- 3 tablespoons feta
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh herbs – use a combination of your favorites: oregano, parsley, thyme, basil
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon each salt & pepper
1. In your serving bowl, mix together the tomatoes, cucumber, onion, and feta.
2. Combine the evoo, garlic, herbs, vinegar, salt, pepper well and pour over the vegetables. Mix together to coat the veggies well.
3. Allow the salad to marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes or longer–can be made the day before. The fresh garlic will have a bite to it, but will mellow out the longer it sits in the refrigerator.
Print recipe for Tomato & Cucumber Salad.