Roasted Chicken, Sweet Potatoes & Carrots tastes like something you’d only make and serve for Sunday dinner, when you have more time to spend in the kitchen. But this dinner only takes a few minutes to prep and 45 minutes to roast and you will use only ONE PAN. During the roasting time, I have helped with homework, tidied up the house, and even flipped through a magazine.
Roasting bone-in chicken will make a delicious gravy and the sweet potatoes come out creamy. The recipe is really versatile too. You can replace the sweet potatoes with Yukon Gold or your favorite white potato. We had leftover chicken and gravy, so I made some rice on another night to soak up the gravy. I also included a different oil variation in the notes of the recipe below.
This is a WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER!
- 4 lbs chicken thighs and/or drumsticks
- 4 sweet potatoes, cut into bite-sized chunks. Could also use Yukon Gold potatoes.
- 4 carrots, sliced
- ⅓ cup of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Lay the chicken on a 12 X 18 rimmed baking sheet. Spread the potatoes and carrots around the chicken.
- Combine the olive oil, herbs, and spices and brush or drizzle over the chicken, potatoes, and carrots. Coat well. Shake the pan to even everything out.
- Bake at 425 for 45-50 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.