It was Monday. I had planned the week’s menu. I made a grocery list and pulled some coupons together. I was ready to start my week and head to the store. My daughter woke up that morning with a fever and grocery shopping was going to have to wait.
I had to regroup. There was plenty of food in the refrigerator, freezer and pantry, but my grocery list was stuff that I needed to pull my planned meals together. So I turned to the web and I went to MyRecipes.com and searched a few ingredients that I had on hand to see what I could find.
This recipe is a good find. I had all of the ingredients and it is an easy, quick, delicious dish.
Turkey Sausage, Arugula, and Sun-Dried Tomato Pasta
adapted from Food & Wine
- 1 lb turkey sausage, casings removed
- 12 reconstituted sun-dried tomato halves – it is cheaper to buy the non-oil packed sun-dried tomatoes, simply re-hydrate by soaking the tomatoes in warm water for about a minute
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2/3 C olive oil
- 1 large bunch of arugula – cut into thin strips. My arugula was from my CSA. It is one of the ingredients that I searched. I wasn’t in the mood for a salad. You could easily substitute spinach.
- 1 lb pasta – I had rigatoni on hand
Boil water in a large pot and cook pasta. Drain.
While the pasta is cooking, combine the sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, vinegar, salt, pepper in a food processor. Blend until well combined. Stream the olive oil into the processor while the machine is running.
At this point your kitchen will smell absolutely divine.
In a very large bowl, toss the turkey and arugula mixture, cooked pasta and the sun-dried tomato vinaigrette. Serve warm.
Thanks for reading FamilyBalanceSheet. If you don’t already receive FBS free updates, please click here to sign up.
- Frugal and Healthy Recipes at 5 Dollar Dinners
- Tasty Tuesday at Beauty and Bedlam
- Tempt my Tummy Tuesday at Blessed with Grace
- Tuesdays at the Table at All the Small Stuff
- Real Food Wednesday at Kelly the Kitchen Kop
- Foodie Friday at Designs by Gollum
- Friday Food at MomTrends
- Food on Friday at Ann Kroeker