This yummy Roasted Vegetable and Pasta Bake recipe is a great way to use up your summer garden vegetable & herb harvest.
Roasted Vegetables and Pasta Bake
- 1 Pepper, any color
- 1 zucchini
- 1 yellow squash
- 1 eggplant
- 1 onion
- 2 tomatoes
- olive oil
- 1 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ pepper
- ½ lb penne
- 3 Cups marinara sauce (store-bought or homemade Roasted Vegetable Sauce or Roasted Red Plum Tomato Sauce.
- 1 Cup mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan Cheese
- 2 Tbsp bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Chop all of the vegetables into 1 inch cubes or slices. Lay out flat on a rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and coat evenly. Sprinkle the Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper over the veggies. Roast vegetables for 15 minutes.
- While veggies are roasting, cook penne in boiling water for 6 minutes. (DO NOT cook for 9 minutes, as per the box instructions. You want the penne to be undercooked.) Drain
- In a large bowl or the pot that you cooked the pasta in, combine the roasted veggies, pasta, marinara sauce, mozzarella cheese and pour into a greased 13 X 9 baking dish.
- Top with the breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 20-30 minutes or until bubbly.