In the month of October, my challenge will be to find $1000. Mondays thru Saturdays in October, I will have ideas to help you find $1000 too. On Sundays, we’ll meet here to catch our breath, and let everyone know how we’re finding our $1000.
When I told my husband about my plans to Find $1000 in October and to make it a “needs only” month, he reluctantly agreed. But his first response was, “so you’re telling me that we’re not going to have any fun this month”.
oh, ye of little faith…finding FREE or low cost entertainment just takes a little imagination, creativity, and a nose for frugal family fun.
Our girls look forward to family nights. They’re 7 & 5….how long is that going to last? We might as well milk it (on the cheap) for as long as possible.
10 Free or Low Cost Fall Entertainment Ideas for the Family
- Start a backyard fire, roast marshmallows and make s’mores.
- Go to a high school football game and cheer on the home team.
- Find community events, like a holiday parade, a harvest festival.
- Visit the u-pick pumpkin patch.
- Head to an apple orchard.
- Pack a picnic and take it to a local playground.
- Borrow movies from the library for a family movie night.
- Host a potluck dinner with a group of friends.
- Have a family game night.
- Carve pumpkins and roast the seeds.
For more frugal family fun ideas, check out my Summer Fun Guide and my 12 Days of Frugal Holiday Fun for ideas for other seasons.
What free or low cost entertainment do you have planned for your family this fall? Let us know in the comments.
Check out my 31 Days to Find $1000 Pinterest board where I’ll be updating daily through out October.
[…] Day 17: Find FREE or Low Cost Family Entertainment […]