Back in August, my husband and I enjoyed a FREE date night. It was awesome and it was made possible from a bartering agreement that my husband worked out with a friend. My husband would teach a friend’s daughter swimming lessons and in return, our friend hosted our kids for their first sleepover experience. It was a win-win for everyone involved.
Make Money from your Skills
The barter worked out well, but last month, another friend offered to pay my husband to teach her kids swimming lessons. He made $200 for (4) one hour swimming lessons for our friend’s four kids. He was pleased with $50 an hour doing something that he loves to teach and our friend was pleased with the swimming lessons.
So what skills do you have that you can offer or teach to make extra money?
- Can you teach piano lessons?
- Are you a skilled photographer? Think high school senior portraits or family photos for Christmas cards.
- Are you fluent in another language or maybe you’re a math whiz? Consider tutoring.
- Do you love to bake? The holidays are coming up and some people don’t have time or don’t like to bake and would love to buy home-baked cookies and treats. My sister-in-law buys dozens every Christmas from a mom who bakes for cash.
- Were you a high school or college tennis star? Teach tennis lessons.
Start brainstorming ideas and FIND THAT $1000! Let us know your ideas in the comments.