Looking for an easy meal, but short on ingredients?
A frittata is a quick and hearty meal that is a great way to use up any leftovers or food that you already have in your refrigerator or freezer.
Basic Frittata Recipe
I love the ease and flexibility of a frittata. It makes a great dinner, breakfast, brunch, lunch, and snack. The ingredient and flavor combinations are endless, so create your own version with your favorite ingredients.
- 6 eggs
- ½ cup milk
- 2 Tbsp flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ¾ cup of shredded cheese of your choice. It could be Swiss, cheddar, Parmesan, Asiago, pepper jack.
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh herbs, like parsley, rosemary, basil, thyme OR 1 tsp dried herbs, like parsley, rosemary, an Italian or fiesta mix. Choose one or mix a few together to your taste preference.
- 1 cup cooked diced meat. This is a great way to use up leftovers, such as diced ham, chicken, or sausage. If you don’t have any meat on hand, you can replace this amount with additional vegetables.
- 1 to 1½ cups of fresh diced vegetables. Sweet peppers, asparagus, squash, tomatoes, green onions, peas, shredded zucchini are a few examples. Choose one or mix a few together.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat a 10-inch pie pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Whisk together the eggs, milk, flour, salt, pepper until smooth. Stir in the cheese, herbs, meat, and the vegetables until combined.
- Pour the egg mixture into the pan. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until the eggs are set in the middle or golden on top. Remove from the oven and let sit for about 5 minutes before serving.
Leave a Reply