We discovered this delicious Tortellini & Spinach Soup at a holiday family gathering. I thought my oldest daughter was going to dive head first into the soup pot, she liked it so much. I wasn’t sure she was going to allow others to enjoy it along with her.
I slowed her down and told her I would make it for dinner. She nagged me for weeks until I gave in.
My aunt gave me her recipe, but I’ve also seen it all over the internet, so I’m not sure of the original source. It is SUPER easy to prepare and is adaptable to your family’s tastes. My daughter requested shrimp in the soup while my aunt served it with browned sausage. Either way, it is quite delicious!
- 1 bag frozen tortellini
- 1 (5 or 6 oz) bag fresh spinach
- 2 cans (15 oz each) Italian style diced tomatoes
- 1 box (4 c) vegetable broth
- 1 (8 oz) box of fresh baby bella or white mushrooms, cleaned and chopped
- 1 (8 oz) cream cheese
- 1 (4 oz) can of deveined baby shrimp (optional)
- In a large soup pot, add tomatoes, vegetable broth, and mushrooms to a boil.
- Add tortellini, shrimp (optional), cream cheese.
- Reduce to simmer until cheese melts.
- Add spinach and allow to wilt.
- Eat up!
- Instead of adding shrimp and vegetable broth, use cooked chicken and chicken stock or broth.
- Instead of adding shrimp, brown raw sausage in the beginning before adding the other ingredients OR use cooked sausage and add it in place of the shrimp.
More Soup Recipes:
[…] Tortellini & Spinach soup, Pepper Jack Corn Muffins […]